National Coordinator- Office for ICT, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship
I work as the National Coordinator for NITDA’s Office for ICT, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship in Nigeria. In this position, I oversee the management of strategic programs designed to drive the growth of ICT, innovation and entrepreneurship in Nigeria. I have recommended policy changes and initiatives to boost economic and digital inclusion across the different regions in Nigeria. I designed the first version of the Nigerian ICT, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Vision document (NIIEV) and have been actively involved with strategic planning, partnerships, and engaging relevant stakeholders, in order to stimulate and improve the entrepreneurial ecosystem which includes startups, innovation hubs and angel investor communities.
- Efficient & effective resource Management
- Policy Advocacy & Lobbying
- Responsible for driving the annual vision and budget of OIIE Engagement & Partnership
- Government Relations
Acting National Coordinator- Office for ICT, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship
I worked as the Acting National Coordinator for OIIE for 7 months. In this time, I conducted research, and proposed policy guidelines for a more vibrant, and an inclusive ICT eco-system. I engaged all stakeholders through collaborative initiatives and regional competitions. During this period, I also restructured the human resources at OIIE and created departments for effective service delivery from staff. I lead the team that designed the framework for proposed government programs that engaged startups, innovation hubs and other stakeholders.
- Policy Framework and Guidelines Designs
- Resource Management
- Mobilization & Enagement
- Collaborative initiatives for key ICT stakeholders (Hubs, Incubators, Accelerators, & investors)
- Research & Program design
- Design of roadman and strategic plan for OIIE
Head, Technology Innovation (Office of ICT Innovation and Entrepreneurship)
In this position, it was my responsibility to design government programs targeted at SMEs and innovators. Working with local and international stakeholders, I facilitated a number of partnerships between with government (OIIE- NITDA) and relevant stakeholders on promoting ICT innovation in Nigeria. I designed, planned and coordinated numerous events and provided access to platforms for showcasing, training and encouraging emerging local ICT talents across Nigeria.
- Strategic partnerships
- Project & Event Management
- Post event media activations & exposures
Researcher and Senior Lecturer- Department of Computer Science
- Lecturing and Teaching of undergraduate & post graduate students
- Project supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Research fellow at the Nasarawa State University, Keffi cyberspace research center
Research Study Leave
- Coordination of research degree weekly presentation, 2012-2013 session
- Designing, testing and troubleshooting distributed constraint satisfaction problem algorithms.
- Tutorial and labs for year one school of computing students